Mary Rutan Foundation Mission
...is to create philanthropic relationships to support patient care services, medical scholarships, medical equipment, and capital development while promoting health and wellness through educational programs and services to the community in which we serve.
Community Health and Wellness Grant Program
Mary Rutan Hospital is committed to the health and wellness of the residents of Logan County. As a way to foster overall community participation in the promotion of a healthier Logan County, Mary Rutan Foundation has established a Community Health and Wellness Grant Program focused on the areas of risk and concern as identified through the findings of the 2012 and 2015 Logan County Health Risk and Community Needs Assessment.
The prevalence of obesity is a major concern for Logan County, as it increases the risk of many diseases and health conditions. Concerns continue regarding opiate and heroin and the negative effects on our community. Promoting healthy lifestyles and community collaboration is important to Mary Rutan Hospital and Mary Rutan Foundation.
Grant focus areas for this grant cycle are:
- Food and Beverage Choices
- Physical Activity
- Opiate/Heroin Abuse Prevention
Preference will be given to programs that incorporate and/or demonstrate impact on one or more of the following:
- Address one or more of our priority focus areas
- Focus on populations who were identified as at-risk areas of Logan County
- Serve a sufficient number of persons in Logan County
- Family and/or caregiver involvement
- School-based implementation
- Developing innovative partnerships with other community organizations/agencies
- Local 501 (c) 3 organizations
- Schools serving Logan County residents